Friday, February 14, 2020

Case study





In this week blogs I will talking about the message for me and my partners movie, possible production companies to produce our movie and its effect on the audience. I will also talk about the history/target audience, production, distribution, marketing, Cross-media convergence and synergy of a movie similar of the same film genre as our movie. This will allow us to determine some options for production companies.


In this blog I will be talking about the possible message if our movie and about the different aspects of a movie similar to ours.


The movie I will be talking about the history, target audience and production of “Fighting with My Family” which is a pg-13 2019 movie based on Paige Bevis journey to the WWE and her life when she was in the WWE. Paige Bevis a professional wrestler who started wrestling at the age of 13 and was the youngest person to win the Divas Champion. It was produced by WWE studio and Film4 and was announced in 2017. It was directed by Stephen Merchant. The fact that this is based on the life of a wrestler means that the movie audience is not only teens and young adults but also people who are a fan of wrestling. In other words, it appeals to people all ages who love wrestling or our fans of Paige Bevis. The cast was selected in 2017 only days after the announcement of its release. This cast included famous people such as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. The executive producer and producer were already picked out also. The executive producers being Daniel Battsek, Dany Garcia, Andy Berman, Hiram Garcia, Tracy, Josephs, David Kosse and Rhodri Thomas. The producers being Dany Garcia, Dwayne Johnson, Stephen Merchant, Michael J. Luisi and Kevin Misher. This movie also had some uncredited actors such as Dylan Mitchell and Bryant Mudd. These actors played minor parts in the movie such as a fridge Teen and Audience Member (Monday Night Raw)


Sources: Fighting with My Family.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 25 Feb. 2020, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_with_My_Family.



Fighting with My Family.” IMDb, IMDb.com, 21 Feb. 2019, www.imdb.com/title/tt6513120/.


“'Fighting With My Family' Featurette Focuses on the True Story.” /Film, 22 Feb. 2019, 
www.slashfilm.com/fighting-with-my-family-featurette/.


Brooks, Brian. “Sundance's 'Fighting With My Family' Slugs A Winning Open; '2019 Oscar Shorts' Strong: Specialty Box Office.” Deadline, 17 Feb. 2019, deadline.com/2019/02/sundances-fighting-with-my-family-slugs-a-winning-open-2019-oscar-shorts-strong-specialty-box-office-1202559240/.

Merchant, Stephen. “SR EXCLUSIVES.” ScreenRant, 14 Feb. 2019, screenrant.com/tag/fighting-with-my-family/.


Truong, Peggy. “Here's the Real Deal with 'Fighting With My Family,' the Buzzy Wrestling Movie Produced by Dwayne Johnson.” Cosmopolitan, Cosmopolitan, 7 Feb. 2019, www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/movies/a26224929/saraya-paige-bevis-fighting-with-my-family-true-story/.


“Production Starts on Fighting With My Family - Film4.” Film4 Productions, 7 Feb. 2017, www.film4productions.com/news/news/2017-02/production-starts-fighting-my-family.


“Fighting With My Family - Film4.” Film4 Productions, www.film4productions.com/productions/2019/fighting-my-family.


“Fighting With My Family (2019) - Financial Information.” The Numbers, 14 Feb. 2019, www.the-numbers.com/movie/Fighting-With-My-Family-(2019)#tab=summary.


“Fighting with My Family (2019).” Rotten Tomatoes, www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fighting_with_my_family.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqF3VTv0cqU


“Film Review: Fighting with My Family Wrestles Against Its Own Inauthenticity.” Consequence of Sound, 23 Feb. 2019, consequenceofsound.net/2019/02/film-review-fighting-with-my-family/.



Geisinger, Gabriella. “Fighting With My Family Movie: Is Fighting With My Family Based on a True Story?” Express.co.uk, Express.co.uk, 3 Mar. 2019, www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1072461/Fighting-With-My-Family-true-story-real-life-movie.

Brueggemann, Tom. “'Fighting With My Family' Breaks Out of Sundance at Specialty Box Office.” IndieWire, 17 Feb. 2019, www.indiewire.com/2019/02/fighting-with-my-family-sundance-specialty-box-office-1202044692/.

Pochin, Courtney. “Fighting With My Family Film Crew Enjoy Stunning Norwich City Views as They Shoot WWE Movie.” Eastern Daily Press, Eastern Daily Press, www.edp24.co.uk/news/fighting-with-my-family-film-crew-enjoy-stunning-city-views-at-mousehold-heath-in-norwich-as-they-shoot-wwe-movie-1-4960981.

Bizjournals.com, www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2019/02/15/flick-picks-fighting-with-my-family.html.


https://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/v22vodart/14806404/p14806404_v_v8_ab.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Media Studies Project Final Product

It is finally done. It feels good to finish knowing that I personally went through a lot of stress doing this. I think we did a good job....